) physical. Professional drivers must undergo this type of medical kiểm tra in order bự maintain their license. Finding a DOT physical provider, on the other hand, might be difficult, especially if you’re in a hurry. We’ve simplified the DOT exam tìm kiếm at Solv .
How Solv makes getting your DOT exam simple and convenient
It can be stressful when your DOT certification is about béo expire. You can, however, arrange an appointment with a top-rated local DOT examination provider using Solv’s simple DOT exam locator công cụ. This simple và convenient tìm kiếm công cụ can assist you in locating the specific evaluation you require lớn maintain your professional standing .
Partnering with Solv for DOT exam services
A DOT physical exam is a thorough examination of your current health lớn ensure that you are fit bự drive a commercial vehicle safely ( CMV ). Professional DOT physicals can help you và other drivers stay safe while on the road. To operate a commercial motor vehicle safely, everyone with a commercial driver’s license ( CDL ) must meet certain health standards, according lớn the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ( FMCSA ). A specially certified medical examiner must undertake this DOT physical, often known as a CDL physical or CDL exam .
Specific areas of your health will be assessed during a DOT physical béo ensure that you can safely & successfully operate a motor vehicle. The DOT health evaluation comprises the following, according phệ the American Academy of Family Physicians ( AAFP ) :
- A physical examination will be performed, which will include a test of your gripping ability, cognitive state, and mobility. A DOT examiner will confirm that you have a prosthetic device that meets federal regulations if you have an amputation.
- A review of your medical history, including whether you have insulin-dependent diabetes, heart problems, breathing problems, high blood pressure, epilepsy, rheumatic conditions, arthritis, orthopedic conditions that can impair your ability to drive, or psychiatric conditions.
- With or without corrective lenses, a vision test to ensure that you are inside a specific, predetermined range for visual acuity, color perception, and peripheral vision.
- A hearing test, with or without a hearing equipment, to ensure that you can hear particular decibel levels within a certain range.
- A urine test to see how well your kidneys are working. Your urine may also be tested for drugs, depending on your exam and medical history.
- A medical examination to determine whether or not you are abusing alcohol.
Unless a condition is found on the exam that requires recertification sooner, your DOT certification is normally valid for 24 months after you earn it. If you fail the exam due bự a medical condition, you may be allowed mập ask for an exemption, according Khủng the FMCSA. A second opinion may also be available phệ you .