Skip the restaurants and make your own fancy meal at home ! Start off with Easiest Crab Cakes, add a side of Parmesan Herb Asparagus Fries with Creamy Greek Yogurt and Dad ’ s Famous Mashed Potatoes making this a accomplished meal .
Reading: The Best Lobster Tail Recipe Ever!
The Best Lobster Tail Recipe
Butter Garlic Herb Broiled Lobster is a decadent dinner that comes in concert cursorily and easily. Impress your sweetheart or family with this beautiful lobster tail recipe. I love how bare it is to prepare and broil. Staying home plate and enjoying this AMAZING dinner together is fair what we want to do this year for Valentine ’ s Day. It is perfect for us and we even get to enjoy a delightful meal without paying the price and having to wait or make reservations in overture .
Lobster tail is one of my favorite meals when eating out. I knew I needed something particular this Valentine ’ s Day. It is entire of a buttery garlic herb dip that is slathered on each one. Once you taste the chummy, tender, blue lobster stern it will melt in your sass. This seafood recipe is mouthwatering ! Don ’ metric ton let this recipe frighten you. It is easier than you think !
How to Buy Lobster:
It all starts with a great lobster. This is authoritative ! lobster can be expensive but it doesn ’ t have to be. You will want to purchase the best without over paying. It is best to buy cold water lobster. You will want to avoid tails that are soaked in sodium tripolyphosphate. This will ensure that is doesn ’ t taste like ammonia. Make indisputable that it is not discolored on the kernel. When cooking it will turn out mushy and sometimes bland. These are bang-up things to look for when purchasing high end seafood .
What you need to Make Perfect Lobster Tail:
Everything is proper in your pantry and ready to go. All you need to do is purchase your lobster ! This recipe is bare to make and comes together indeed cursorily. It takes less than 20 minutes from preparing to broiling them. I love how dim-witted it is and even it is decadent and beautiful on a plate. Enjoy this seafood recipe with your sleep together one or family this Valentine ’ s Day !
- Lobster Tails
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Cloves
How to Cook Lobster:
I can ’ thymine tension adequate on how dim-witted this lobster stern recipe is. Lobster tails can be intimidating when starring at them in a event at a grocery store shop but I am here to tell you they are easy and make a vacation or dinner turn into an extra special night. Most ingredients you already have at home evening !
After preparing your lobster tails, you will make a butter garlic herb that will be brushed over each of the kernel sticking out. I can ’ t tell you how delicious this is ! It is the best character and what makes this lobster kernel change by reversal to a golden yellow when baking. It in truth barely melts in your mouth leaving you speechless .
- Get Prepare: Preheat the oven to broil or 500 degrees. Start by preparing the lobster. Using kitchen shears butterfly the tail by cutting down the center. Loosen the meat and pull the lobster meat upward. Salt and pepper the meat and set on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the garlic herb butter: In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Spread evenly on each one.
- Broil: Broil the lobster for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is opaque and lightly brown on the top. Serve with melted butter if desired.
How to Butterfly a Lobster Tail:
This is a simple process that is only used with scissors. If you prefer not to butterfly your lobster tail that is big excessively. By butterflying your lobster stern it makes it easier to eat and besides has a more elegant spirit when serving it .
- With sharp kitchen shears it is best to cut down the middle of the back towards the lobster tail. The shell side will be up and the lobster tail will be pointed away from you.
- Flip the tail over and carefully pull apart the middle of the cut shell and gently place your fingers underneath the lobster meat.
- Flip the lobster back over, slowly and carefully pull up the lobster meat in one piece. The meat should still be attached at the bottom of the tail.
- Once the lobster meat is on top of the shell take the shell and close it around the bottom of the meat.
- As the lobster is being broiled it will expand and have an elegant fan shape presentation similar to the restaurants.
How Long to Broil Lobster:
I love to broil lobster tails because it is quick and easy plus you inactive have that beautiful coloring over the kernel. It is slowly to over fudge lobster tails so you will want to be paying stopping point attention to them as they are being broiled. It is best to broil the lobster tails for about one minute per ounce and having the lobster tail about 4 to 5 inches from the estrus on the clear extort in the oven. The lobster will turn a beautiful opaque in color with a white center. It is good to use a kernel thermometer to make certain it doesn ’ triiodothyronine overcook. The center of the lobster will reach 145*F for good results .
Broiling Times for Seafood:
Broiling times can vary depending on size and length of the lobster tails. For a smaller lobster fag end it is best to cook them about 7 to 9 minutes. Anything over 6 ounces will takes about 7 to 10 minutes long broiling them. The one thing I constantly have near me when cooking any type of kernel is my kernel thermometer. I am very cautious on making certain I do not overcook my meat. If you are broiling a larger lobster tail you will want to adjust the oven rack down another edge so it can cook more evenly .
Different Ways of Cooking Lobster Tails:
There are several different variations when cooking lobster tails. I love how simple each of them are and how they all taste merely about the same. It is all about preference and what is easiest for you in your kitchen. Lobster tails are cooked quickly and easily. In less than 10 minutes you will have a beautiful and decadent meal on your board anyhow you cook them .
- Broiled: This is my go-to way. It is quick and easy and simple broiled on high heat and up close to top of the over. This makes a tender lobster tail ever time.
- Baked: Very similar to broiling except under average heat and extra time when cooking.
- Poached: This is more of a simmer in a layer of butter. It is also known as butter poaching.
- Boiled: For the easiest and simplest way of cooking lobster boiling it is the way to go. Boil water in a large pot and the lobster tails soak in and boil for minutes. Sometimes the lobster is not quite as tasty though and doesn’t have that rich buttery herb flavor attached to it compared to other ways of cooking.
- Grilled: If you love to grill, this is for you! Simply add the lobster tails to your grill and let the heat cook the tails evenly and quickly.
Tips for the BEST Cooked Lobster:
- Making it ahead: To help save time, butterfly your lobster tails the day of. Too early will discolor the lobster meat.
- Types of Lobster: Any type of lobster works well. If you prefer spiny lobster that is great too. Just be careful!
- Butterflying the lobster: If you cut through your meat, it will be okay. Sometimes this will help ensure it is cooked more evenly anyways. You will want to avoid cutting through the bottom shell though.
- Meat thermometer: Try your best not to overcook the lobster tails. This will help by using a meat thermometer.
- How long to broil your lobster tail: It is best to broil your lobster tail for about one minute per ounce of lobster tail.
- Oven settings: Move your oven rack down to the middle setting if you are cooking a large or oversized lobster tail.
- Female Lobster: It is fun to see a slightly pink lobster meat once it is cooked. This only tells you that it is a female lobster.
- Can you make lobster tails ahead of time? It is best to enjoy the lobster tail right when it is done broiling. Lobster meat becomes tougher when reheating it.
- Serving your lobster tail: Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley for garnishing the lobster tails.
Make a Complete Meal!
Make this a accomplished meal with all the right sides ! It is the perfective date night in with these lobster tails. even a fun and decadent family meal to spoil them all with this special dinner. With Valentine ’ s Day around the corner, I thought this is the perfective dinner to surprise my family with and have them know how much I love them with this amazing meal. My class is going to be so surprise and love everything about it .
This is a simple meal that can start off with a side salad or soup, add a english of vegetables, potatoes and even some Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. end with a death by Chocolate Cheesecake or a bolshevik Velvet Cake Recipe for a delectable dessert. I am bringing home a restaurant style meal to our family dinner .
More Yummy Seafood Recipes to Try:
The Best Lobster Tail Recipe Ever!
The Best Lobster Tail Recipe Ever is a decadent dinner made with large lobster tails smothered with a buttery garlic herb sauce then broiled under high heat making these lobster tails tender and juicy. The ultimate indulgence!
4 lobster tails
salt and pepper
1/4 cup butter melted
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon sweet pepper
1 teaspoon thyme minced
1 teaspoon rosemary minced
- Preheat the oven to broil or 500 degrees. Start by preparing the lobster. Using kitchen shears butterfly the tail by cutting down the center. Loosen the kernel and pull the lobster kernel up. Salt and pepper the meat and fixed on a baking sheet .
- In a small bowl whisk together the melt butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Spread evenly on each lobster tail .
- Broil the lobster tails for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is opaque and lightly brown on the top. Serve with dissolve butter if desired .
Serves : 4
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is merely an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and part sizes per family .
Dinner, Main Course
American, Caribbean, Mediterranean
best lobster recipe, best ways to cook lobster tails, broiled lobster tail recipe, cooking lobster tails, lobster tail recipe
Tried this recipe ? Mention @ alyssa_therecipecritic or tag # therecipecritic