Chatter is a collaboration tool within Salesforce that allows users to communicate and share information through feeds, groups, and file sharing. To enable Chatter in Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Log in to Salesforce: Log in to your Salesforce account with administrator credentials.
- Access Setup: Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the page and select “Setup.”
- Navigate to Chatter Settings: In the Setup menu, type “Chatter” into the Quick Find box and select “Chatter Settings” from the search results.
- Enable Chatter: On the Chatter Settings page, you’ll see a checkbox labeled “Enable.” Click the checkbox to enable Chatter for your Salesforce organization.
- Customize Chatter settings: After enabling Chatter, you can configure additional settings, such as feed tracking, custom actions, and email notifications. Take some time to review the settings and adjust them according to your organization’s needs.
- Save your changes: Once you’ve configured the settings, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to apply the changes.
- Add Chatter to page layouts: To make Chatter visible to users, add the Chatter component to page layouts, such as record pages or the home page. To do this, navigate to the Lightning App Builder by typing “Lightning App Builder” in the Quick Find box and selecting it from the search results. Open the desired page layout, and drag the Chatter component onto the page. Save and activate the layout to make the changes live.
After completing these steps, Chatter will be enabled for your Salesforce organization, and users can begin using it to collaborate and share information.
Keep in mind that these instructions apply to Salesforce Lightning Experience. If you’re using Salesforce Classic, the steps to enable Chatter might be slightly different.