The consular policeman ’ mho determination is based largely upon your foreign spouse ’ south responses to questions. Please notice that the sample questions below are the solution of our years of know with this type of subject and are intended as a basic guidebook only. Each consular military officer will ask different questions as the circumstances dictate .
1. How did you meet your spouse ? Describe the circumstances.
2. When did you first meet your spouse in person ? Describe the circumstances.
3. How long have you known your spouse ?
4. Please express the date and place you last saw your spouse, in person, prior to this interview.
5. How much fourth dimension have you and your spouse spent in concert in person ?
6. How do you and your spouse communicate ( i.e. call, text, e-mail, letters ) ?
7. How often do you and your spouse commune ? Describe the circumstances.
1. What is your spouse ’ sulfur birthday ?
2. What is your spouse ’ s put of parturition ?
1. Where does your spouse live ?
2. Where do your spouse ’ sulfur parents live ?
3. If your spouse has siblings, where do they live ?
Education and Employment Status
1. What does your spouse do for a live ?
2. Where does your spouse work ?
3. What is your spouse ’ s educational background ?
1. What is your spouse ’ s religious background ?
2. What is your religious background ?
3. Does your spouse talk and understand your terminology ?
4. Do you speak and understand your spouse ’ randomness language ?
1. What do you like about your spouse ?
2. What are your spouse ’ sulfur hobbies and interests ?
3. What are your hobbies and interests ?
Prior Marital Status
1. Has your spouse been divorced ?
2. If yes, when did your spouse get a divorce ?
3. If yes, why did your spouse ’ second anterior marriage end in divorce ?
Read more: Top 7 the who interview questions in 2022
1. Have you met your spouse ’ s kin ? If yes, describe the circumstances and who you met.
2. Does your spouse have any siblings ? If yes, department of state their names and ages .
1. Does your spouse have any children ? If yes, express their names and ages.
2. If yes, do the children live with your spouse ?
3. If yes, are you will to take caution of your spouse ’ s children if they live with you ?
4. Do you plan to have children with your spouse ?
1. What did your parents think about this marriage ? Did they approve of it ?
2. What did your spouse ’ s parents think about this marriage ? Did they approve of it ?
3. What type of wedding did you have ? Describe the circumstances.
4. How did other members of your families feel about your marriage ?
Travel to the United States
travel to the United States ( this is an H3 )
1. When do you intend leaving for the United States ?
2. Have you always been to the United States ? If yes, what type of visa did you use travel to the United States ?
3. If yes, how long did you stay in the United States ?
4. If yes, when did you return from the United States ?
1. At what address will you reside in the United States ?
2. Do you plan to get a job in the United States ?
3. Do you plan to attend school in the United States ?
Read more: Top 12 interview questionnaires in 2022
1. Has your spouse told you about his/her anterior criminal convictions ? If yes, what was s/he convicted of and what were the circumstances ?
You may besides wish to read our page on the requirements for a marriage visa, and the marriage visa FAQs .