“ Also, it’s ‘ THE Iron birthday calculator
. ‘ I lượt thích having an article at the front. It makes it sound lượt thích I’m not even a person, just a mindless weapon, an implement of destruction … That really works for me. ”
Leader of the
HissradLeader of the Bull’s Chargers
Fisher’s Bleeders (formerly)
Inquisition (conditional) Fisher’s Bleeders
The Captain of the Chargers
Demands of the Qun
Freddie Prinze Jr.
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Heroes of Dragon Age
The Iron Bull, or Hissrad as he is known among his own people, is the one-eyed Qunari leader of the Bull’s Chargers and a member of the Ben-Hassrath. He is a potential companion and a romance option for either a male or female Inquisitor.
The Iron Bull was raised in the schools of Par Vollen by the tamassrans, though he was called Ashkaari, ” one who thinks “, at the phút giây. He was big & strong for his age và liked Khủng act as a secondary caregiver for his fellow children, reporting phệ the tamassrans when someone wasn’t feeling well or was about mập cause trouble. But Ashkaari sometimes got into trouble himself. On one occasion, after he’d eaten all the meat on his plate but left the vegetables untouched, his ” Tama ” told him that he wouldn’t be allowed bự go & play until he ate two more things off his plate. Without hesitation, he took two pieces of meat he had hidden in his pocket, placed them upon the plate, ate the two pieces while looking at Tama & ran off bự play. This convinced her that Ashkaari would make a poor Qunari soldier, as they needed phệ be obedient mập the spirit of an order as well as the letter. She recommended him for the Ben-Hassrath .As he began his training, Ashkaari gained a hot nhất informal name mập mix him apart from his peers : Hissrad, ” one who creates illusion ” or ” liar “. His early work in Par Vollen involved uncovering smuggling operations, discontented groups considering fleeing the Qun & a Tevinter spy ring, which saw him recognized as a valuable asset. He was recommended for service on the Qunari-held island of Seheron. According lớn him, the island was ” a sack of cats “. Incursions from Tevinter, marauding Tal-Vashoth, và native rebels fighting on multiple fronts made life chaotic. The Ben-Hassrath considered two years of active service the maximum phút giây most agents could perform in Seheron before prolonged căng thẳng mệt mỏi rendered them unable mập carry out their duties effectively but Hissrad lasted almost a decade before burning out, rising through the ranks as his superiors broke lao dốc or died .On the eve of his last major battle in Seheron, Bull’s unit suffered heavy losses when a friendly Seheron merchant was pressured into poisoning his men. When the same poison was used lớn kill a school đầy đủ of children, Hissrad vowed mập avenge them. He mounted an assault on a Tal-Vashoth stronghold in the jungle. He lost several more of his men in the fighting, including his longtime friend Vasaad, which sent him in a berserk state. When his surviving soldiers later came back for him with reinforcements, they found him unmoving, covered in wounds và surrounded by the butchered corpses of the Tal-Vashoth warriors. He declared himself unfit for duty và too dangerous phệ be around civilians, submitting himself phệ the Ben-Hassrath re-educators. [ 2 ]The Ben-Hassrath reassigned him bự Orlais lớn work undercover, ostensibly as a Tal-Vashoth. He worked for the mercenary company Fisher’s Bleeders for several years but Fisher was a mediocre commander & he eventually left, taking several of Fisher’s men with him, béo size his own mercenary company : the Bull’s Chargers. Fisher, angered by this, entered into a brief fight with Bull, but the two ended up talking things kết thúc drinks và parted ways peacefully. Bull uses the Chargers phệ gather information on Orlesian nobles, feeding the intelligence bự the Ben-Hassrath. Though he still reports bự his old masters, phút giây in Orlais led phệ something of an identity crisis for him. [ một ]He remains in command of the Bull’s Chargers, though spends much of his giây phút drinking, lazing about và overindulging – all clear violations of the Qun. Despite his unusually friendly demeanor và lax attitude Khủng his philosophy, The Iron Bull still has a loyalty mập the Qun which dies hard. He doesn’t proselytize, but neither does he apologize for his way of life. [ một ]
Dragon Age: Inquisition
This section contains spoilers for:
The Iron Bull returns béo attend the Exalted Council, two years after Corypheus is defeated .
If the Chargers survived :The Iron Bull is enjoying drinks with his company at the tavern. The Chargers want mập surprise him with a dragon skull as a birthday present. The Inquisitor can help them in this by occupying Bull with dialogue ( requires the four ‘ Knowledge ‘ Inquisition perks ), or give up the charade béo which Bull reveals he heard them dragging the skull all along .If brought béo the final confrontation at The Darvaarad, Viddasala will plead with ‘ Hissrad ‘ phệ rejoin them & orders him phệ kill the Inquisitor. However, Bull refuses & remains loyal mập the Inquisition .
After the Dragon’s Breath conspiracy is dismantled, Bull and the Chargers return to taking jobs across Orlais and Ferelden, doing their part to maintain the order for which the Inquisition fought so hard. If he was romanced, he keeps the dragon’s tooth charm so that no matter how far his missions take him, he and his Kadan will remain inseparable. If he was in a relationship with Dorian, Bull and Dorian continue meeting in a border-town villa. When Dorian is kidnapped by leftover Venatori, Bull leads the Chargers across the Tevinter border in a dangerous rescue operation, leaving a trail of freed slaves and dead Venatori that enabled Dorian to escape.After the Dragon’s Breath conspiracy is dismantled, Bull & the Chargers return lớn taking jobs across Orlais và Ferelden, doing their part Khủng maintain the order for which the Inquisition fought so sánh hard. If he was romanced, he keeps the dragon’s tooth charm so sánh that no matter how far his missions take him, he và his Kadan will remain inseparable. If he was in a relationship with Dorian, Bull & Dorian continue meeting in a border-town villa. When Dorian is kidnapped by leftover Venatori, Bull leads the Chargers across the Tevinter border in a dangerous rescue operation, leaving a trail of freed slaves và chết Venatori that enabled Dorian mập escape.
If the Chargers were sacrificed :bas.” If he was not brought, he appears through a side door and joins his fellow Ben-Hassrath during the fight, saying it was smart of the Inquisitor not to bring him. Neither romance nor high approval will prevent his betrayal and he will have to be killed. Bull has fully re-committed bự the Ben-Hassrath once again & operates, unbeknownst phệ the Inquisitor, as a spy for Viddasala. If he is brought Khủng the final confrontation at the Darvaarad, the Viddasala orders him lớn kill the Inquisitor, which he follows without question, betraying the buổi tiệc ngọt và declaring, ” Change of plans. Nothing personal, ” If he was not brought, he appears through a side door và joins his fellow Ben-Hassrath during the fight, saying it was smart of the Inquisitor not Khủng bring him. Neither romance nor high approval will prevent his betrayal & he will have bự be killed. Cole even notes that his heart held no regrets end the decision. During a later conversation with Solas, he remarks upon Bull’s betrayal as evidence of the Inquisition’s eventual fate. Bull’s betrayal also causes Tal-Vashoth mercenaries bự be looked on suspiciously, causing their lives Khủng become more difficult. If romanced, many blame the Inquisitor for the Qunari attack .If Bull’s personal quest was not completed :The Chargers are alive và well, but Bull is still a Ben-Hassrath agent, và therefore still betrays the Inquisition in the confrontation with the Viddasala .
Iron Bull’s approval can most easily be gained by taking him along on battles. Fighting groups of Venatori enemies will grant slight approval, so sánh keeping him in your tiệc nhỏ in areas heavy with Venatori will earn you a fair amount of approval quickly. After killing a High dragon, a cutscene will occur after you return mập Skyhold where the Inquisitor can have a few drinks with Iron Bull in celebration — approval can be gained there by agreeing with him about dragons & drinking when he prompts you mập. Furthermore, killing High Dragons with him in the active buổi tiệc nhỏ gains great approval .
Iron Bull generally approves of the Inquisition’s actions, approval gains from specific events and quests are usually low to moderate; however, there are several instances that will yield Iron Bull Greatly Approves:
Iron Bull is a potential love interest for both male & female Inquisitors .
This section contains spoilers for:
Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Unlike many of the game’s romance options, the Inquisitor’s relationship with Bull begins as a physical one instead of a lãng mạn one. After having flirted with Bull enough & having completed his personal quest involving the possible Qunari alliance, speaking bự him will trigger a cut scene where the Inquisitor walks into their quarters bự find the Bull sitting on their bed. He then tells the Inquisitor that he ” got the hints ” và knows the Inquisitor wants bự ” ride the Bull “. If the Inquisitor admits this & does not reject him, Bull will proceed with a sexual encounter. The next thời gian the Inquisitor speaks phệ Bull on the topic of their relationship they can either choose not béo pursue further romance with Bull or agree Khủng Bull’s ground rules for something similar phệ a friends-with-benefits arrangement .In a dialogue option where you ask Bull how ” serious ” your relationship is, he says that it’s up phệ you và that he’s fine keeping things casual và light if that’s what the Inquisitor wants. When asked how Qunari show they’re serious about a relationship, Bull explains that Qunari don’t have sex for love but that béo show their commitment bự an individual they craft matching necklaces out of a dragon’s tooth broken in half, each các buổi tiệc nhỏ wearing half the tooth. “ Then, no matter how far apart life takes them, they’re always together. ” You’re given a requisition for the necklace, called the “ Necklace of Kadan ”, và once you have it you can give it phệ Bull. Before Bull will let you give him the necklace, he will initiate another sexual encounter. After you’re finished ( but before Bull has dressed ), Cullen, Josephine & Cassandra Stavrou will walk in on you. At that point you can either denounce your relationship with Bull ( calling it “ just a fling ” mập save face và ending the relationship ), or you can tell the three that you intend bự continue relations with Bull. If the latter is chosen your advisors leave you be & you can give the necklace Khủng Bull – in exchange, he calls you “ Kadan ” ( Qunlat : ” my heart ” ) From then on, he addresses you primarily as Kadan in conversation .If the Inquisitor begins a relationship with Iron Bull before killing a High Dragon for the first giây phút, there will be a few extra lines of dialogue at the over of the cutscene in Skyhold where the Inquisitor has celebratory drinks with Iron Bull, where Bull either compliments the Inquisitor’s breasts ( if female ) or bottom ( if male ). He will also refer mập the Inquisitor as ” Kadan ” during the cutscene, even if he has not yet been given the Necklace of Kadan .
This section contains spoilers for:
If Iron Bull betrayed the Inquisitor, many start blaming the Inquisitor for the Qunari attack, saying that they allowed themselves béo be blinded by lust và seduced into folly. The Inquisitor is mocked in tavern songs và Orlesian plays for years Khủng come .
- “You don’t need blood magic or demons to change someone’s mind. We’re a lot more fragile than we’d like to believe.”
- “How many personal freedoms do you figure that baker in Val Royeaux has? Life isn’t about freedom.”
- (Regarding living by the Qun) “It’s like being a block of stone with a sculptor working on you. One day, the last of the crap gets knocked off, and you can see your real shape, what you’re supposed to be.”
- “Whenever you need an ass kicked, The Iron Bull is with you.”
- “I know every soldier under my command. You don’t have that option… but a few faces might help.”
- “People don’t always tell the truth when you’re polite. You’ve gotta poke them a bit.”
- “Dragons are the embodiment of raw power. But it’s all uncontrolled, savage… So they need to be destroyed. Taming the wild. Order out of chaos. Have another drink.”
- “My people don’t pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions… and live with the consequences.”
- “Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’re careful and all, but I like my nipples uncauterized, thanks.”
- “It’s a good thing we brought all these nobles with us. Perhaps the Templars are attracted to shiny objects.”
- “You’re Tevinter right? Try blood magic.”
- Cole: “I like your horns The Iron Bull. But they’re dragon horns, not bull horns. You could have named yourself The Iron Dragon.”
- Bull: “Oh… Shit. That would have been better.”
- Iron Bull was written by Patrick Weekes and designed by Casper Konefal.
- In official promotional material, Iron Bull is described as “The Muscle”.
- When comparing Iron Bull to food, Patrick Weekes describes him as “either rump roast for size or chili dog for delicious bad decisions.” 
- It was revealed that the Iron Bull was meant to be a race-specific romance due to technical limitations related to him being extremely large and tall. He also originally had dialog that explained why he couldn’t romance the Inquisitor. However, the animation team and cinematic designer John Epler were able to fix the issue.
- He is the first Qunari companion who is a romance option for a protagonist in the Dragon Age series.
- According to the character’s voice actor, Freddie Prinze Jr., Iron Bull does have a fear of demons, due to their ability to possess people, including Qunari.
- Prinze described Bull’s voice as a cross between Disney villain Pete and Winston Churchill.
- Iron Bull is described as humorous, dismissive, and a naturally charismatic leader, but he’s struggling with being a fish out of water.
- Bull’s greatest fear is madness.
- During the scene when the player and Bull have sex before giving him the Dragon’s tooth as a gift, Bull can be seen with two patterns on his shoulders. It is not currently known if these are tattoos or some kind of Qunari body paint. How he got them also remains a mystery.
- Iron Bull lost his eye saving Krem from a flail blow meant for him when the two first met. He also has a brace on his left ankle and is missing several finger joints on his left hand.
- Iron Bull’s name under the Qun, Hissrad, literally means “liar” or “weaver of illusions”.
- Iron Bull chose the name “The Iron Bull”, with an article because he favored how it made him sound like a mindless weapon. 
- Iron Bull is eight feet tall , he is the only qunari we know the height of.
- Originally, the Iron Bull was to be one-handed, and use a prosthetic for his left hand. At one point the prosthetic hand was meant to be a cannon, but the implementation turned out to be too difficult.
- He is pansexual.
- If the Inquisitor doesn’t romance Iron Bull or Dorian, the two will have party banter indicating a sexual relationship. If your friendship is high enough with either of them, you can ask them about their relationship before defeating Corypheus. If they are together, Dorian will say at the celebration party that his delayed return to Tevinter might be because of Bull. The romance can still be initiated and recognized in Trespasser so long as the ‘about last night’ banter between them is triggered.
This section contains spoilers for:
- Their relationship is still ongoing by the time of the Exalted Council and continues beyond that despite Dorian’s return to Tevinter.